PHATFOUR WARRANTY CONDITIONS
Our warranty conditions apply to all Phatfour products. This states, among other things, how long the warranty period is and on which parts see the warranty.
ARTICLE 1 PHATFOUR WARRANTY
Perform a first check after 300 km on the FLB+ and FLS+ / 250 km on the FLX or within 3 months after purchasing your bike to maintain the warranty. Maintenance can be carried out by our Phatfour technicians or by a recognized bicycle repair shop. Keep the receipts from the bicycle repair shop as proof of the maintenance performed.
ARTICLE 2 WARRANTY
- Phatfour guarantees that the Phatfour bikes are free from construction and / or material defects, all this insofar as this follows from these warranty provisions.
- The guarantee can only be invoked by the first owner of the relevant Phatfour bike.
- The guarantee lapses in accordance with the provisions of Articles 3.1 and 5.1.
- The warranty is non-transferable.
- The warranty period starts on the day of delivery after approval and receipt of delivery
ARTICLE 3 WARRANTY PERIOD
- A warranty period of 2 years applies to the Phatfour bike frames on construction and / or material defects.
- For the Phatfour bike mudguards, a warranty period of 2 years applies on construction and / or material defects.
- A warranty period of 2 years applies to all electrical components against construction and / or material defects.
- Phatfour gives a 2-year warranty on the battery. The capacity of the battery will decrease in proportion to the number of charging cycles and age. This decrease in capacity is not covered by warranty.
- For all other parts, with the exception of the parts referred to in article 2.7, a warranty period of 2 years applies to construction and / or material defects.
- A warranty period of 1 year applies to all accessories on construction and / or material defects.
- No warranty is given on parts that are subject to wear and tear, such as tires, chain, chainrings, cables and brake pads, unless there are construction and / or material defects.
- On the Phatfour bike show models, 50% of the warranty period of the above-mentioned warranty periods applies.
ARTICLE 4 WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
- The warranty will lapse in the following cases:
a. The bike has not demonstrably received a first service (with invoice / receipt) 3 months or 300 km after delivery.
b. The Phatfour has not demonstrably (with invoice / receipt) been serviced annually after the first inspection.
c. If the defects are the result of incorrect assembly, ie assembly that deviates from the supplied assembly instruction, which can also be found on the website.
d. Incorrect and / or careless use of the Phatfour bike that is not in accordance with its destination, including:
i. Driving up and down curbs with a full load;
ii. Drive into curbs;
iii. Technical repairs have not been carried out in a professional manner.
e. Parts mounted afterwards do not correspond to the technical specifications of the bike in question or have been mounted incorrectly.
f. If proof of ownership is not present.
g. Upon finding that the maximum speed of 25km / h has been adjusted.
h. When the saddle is loaded with more than 120 kg.
i. When the luggage carrier is loaded with more than 25 kg.
j. In the event of damage arising as a result of an accident or other external calamity.
- Furthermore, Phatfour explicitly excludes liability for damage to (parts of) the Phatfour bike as a result of:
a. Incorrect adjustment / tension of handlebars, stem, saddle, seat post, derailleur set, brakes, gears and / or loosening of parts, adjustment of wheels and spokes during use, as well as spoke breakage.
b. Failure to replace parts such as brake / derailleur cables, brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets in time.
c. Climatic influences such as normal weathering of paint or chrome rust. This also applies to the saddle. It can change color. This is due to use and / or external factors such as UV radiation, moisture and heat.
d. Climatic influences such as discolouration of paint and saddle.
e. Phatfour bikes that are used for rental.
- Adjustments have been made to the original condition and settings, such as the use of unauthorized Phatfour parts and / or accessories;
ARTICLE 5 LABOR COSTS ON PARTS IN CASE OF WARRANTY
- During the warranty period, all parts of which Phatfour has determined that there is a material and / or construction defect will be repaired or reimbursed at the discretion of Phatfour. Any costs of (dis) assembly are at the expense of the owner, if the owner can be expected to assemble the part to be replaced himself.
- Contrary to the provisions of the previous paragraph, in the event of material and / or construction errors in frames and front forks, the wages will also be borne by Phatfour for two years after the purchase date.
ARTICLE 6 MAKING A CLAIM UNDER THE WARRANTY
- Claims under this warranty must be submitted to Phatfour by e-mail stating the order number, frame number and photo of the relevant part. In this way Phatfour can assess whether there is a warranty case.
- Phatfour will acknowledge or reject the claim within a reasonable period of time. If it is not reasonably possible to assess the defect without seeing the Phatfour bike "live", a suitable solution will be sought in consultation with the owner.
- Before sending a replacement product, Phatfour can demand that the product in question is first sent to Phatfour for assessment. Based on this assessment, Phatfour can decide that the product is not covered by the warranty conditions or send a replacement product.
- Costs of transporting the Phatfour bike and / or parts to and from Phatfour are at the expense of the owner, unless the part concerned is eligible for warranty.
- If a certain part is eligible for warranty and the original is no longer available, Phatfour will provide a minimum equivalent alternative.
ARTICLE 7 LIABILITY
- A warranty claim accepted by Phatfour does not automatically mean that Phatfour also accepts liability for any damage suffered. Phatfour's liability never extends beyond what is described in these warranty conditions and / or the applicable general terms and conditions of Phatfour.
Phatfour B.V. - Chamber of Commerce 73120146 – www.phatfour.com – April 2020